Saturday, June 30, 2012

Larned Kansas

June 30

We were just received with the warmest welcome imagineable from the proprietor, crew and patrons of Meyer Deli in Larned Kansas. Riley had gone in a minute or two earlier, while I asked a man across the street a couple of questions (he was also extremely enthusiastic about our travels). When I walked in the deli, about 10 pairs of eyes were locked on me. I thought, "This is either very good, or very bad." It turns out that everyone wasa eager to hear about our trip, our progress, if we had seen any of the fires in Colorado, etc. I can't imagine a friendlier or more accommodating town.

Pictures to follow via email.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a tail wind and safe travels! We met Elizabeth a couple of weeks' ago on our way into San Francisco. We'll be making our Coast to Coast crossing in a few weeks time.

    www.afistfulofgears.co.uk

    ReplyDelete